AceDoors Residential Door Warranty
When does the warranty apply?
This warranty only applies if all of the following conditions are satisfied:
- product listed above (product) is purchased from an approved distributor of AceDoors products*;
- the product is installed in a residential dwelling by an approved installer of AceDoors products*;
- the purchase and warranty is registered via the online registration process (https://www.acedoors.co.nz/warranty) within 90 days of installation;
- the manufacturer’s instructions concerning installation, operation, maintenance and testing (as set out in the relevant manuals) are fully complied with;
- the product is serviced by AceDoors (or another person authorised by AceDoors to service the products*) within 12 months of installation and at least once every 2 years thereafter;
- a warranty claim is made in accordance with the instructions below within the applicable warranty period; and
- none of the exclusions below apply.
Contact AceDoors on 0800 366 771 / 0800 Doors1 to locate an approved distributor or installer of AceDoors products or a person authorised by AceDoors to service the products.
This warranty applies only for the benefit of the person who, at the time of installation, owns the residential dwelling in which the product is installed (referred to as the owner).
Only the owner can make a claim under this warranty. This warranty cannot be transferred to someone else. For example, if a product is purchased by a builder from an approved distributor and then installed in a residential dwelling by an approved installer, the owner of that residential dwelling (at the time of installation) will have the benefit of this warranty. A subsequent owner of that residential dwelling will not have the benefit of this warranty.
What does the warranty include?
If this warranty applies, and none of the exclusions below apply, AceDoors will either repair or replace (as determined by AceDoors, acting reasonably) a product covered by this warranty which fails to operate in accordance with its installation and operation manual.
This warranty shall not apply, and AceDoors shall have no liability or obligation, for a defect relating to a product if:
- the product is not installed and located in New Zealand;
- the product has been used in any manner or for any purpose not being the intended manner of use or purpose of the product;
- the owner fails to make a claim for that defect in accordance with the instructions below within 30 days of the defect becoming apparent;
- the frequency of use of the product is, in the reasonable opinion of AceDoors, higher than normal;
- any instructions or directions provided with the product have not been fully complied with;
- the product has been fitted with any closing device which is not of the type or condition defined in the installation manual as suitable for installation of the product;
- the product has been modified;
- the product has been damaged by water, insects, dirt, plants or other objects;
- where the product is an opener:
- the opener has been used with a door which is not in good working order and condition; or
- the maximum continuous operating time has exceeded 1 minute in 10 minutes; or
- the defect is caused directly or indirectly by any of the following:
- fair wear and tear;
- a cause beyond the reasonable control of AceDoors, including theft, fire, flood, rain, water, lightning, storms or any other acts of God;
- any other equipment, structure or thing;
- any act or omission, including accidental damage, by a person other than AceDoors;
- any inaccuracy, error or omission in any information provided by or on behalf of the owner;
- lack of proper maintenance, service or care of the product or servicing by a person not appropriately qualified to do so; or
- radio or electrical interference or lack of availability of signal.
In addition to the above exclusions, this warranty does not cover:
- adjustment or replacement of springs;
- variations to timber look colour or appearance;
- travel expenses incurred by AceDoors or its approved distributor and/or installer in either travelling to and from, or transporting the product to and from, the residential dwelling in which the product is installed (such expenses shall be payable by the owner);
- corrosion or damage to the surface, coatings, base materials of the product or motors caused directly or indirectly by environmental or corrosive conditions including salty, hot or moist conditions;
- access expenses incurred by AceDoors or an approved distributor and/or installer where the product is not readily accessible (such expenses shall be payable by the owner); or
- blown fuses, electrical surges, power surges or defects caused directly or indirectly by power spikes or faulty or unsuitable electrical wiring of structures to which the product is affixed.
If the owner is a consumer (as defined in section 2 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (Act)), the Act contains various guarantees that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is intended to have the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying the rights of the owner under the Act, except to the extent permitted by law, and the terms of this warranty shall be read as modified to the extent necessary to give effect to that intention.
Limitation of liability
To the extent permitted by law, the liability of AceDoors arising from any cause (whether in contract, tort, any enactment, or otherwise), including the negligence of AceDoors or any of its employees, contractors or agents, is limited to the price paid by the owner in relation to the specific product giving rise to the claim against AceDoors.
How to make a claim
The owner will need to provide the serial number of the door, date of manufacture, date of installation, address where the door was installed and the name of the approved distributor the product was purchased from. The owner is responsible for the cost of making a claim under this warranty.
No representative or agent of AceDoors, which includes any approved distributor or installer, has authority to modify the terms of this warranty.