- It is recommended to wash the external face of your sectional door once every 90 days or monthly if living in a sea zone area (within Zone D as described in the NZ Building Code).
- Do not use cleaning agents other than detergent and water as this may cause the colour to fade or the finish to wear faster on your door panels.
- Wash door in fully closed position.
- ONLY CLEAN WORKING COMPONENTS OF YOUR SECTIONAL DOOR IN THE FULLY CLOSED POSITION AND WITH THE POWER SWITCHED OFF TO THE OPENER.
- Tracks and wheels – Do not use oil or grease in the tracks. Use an alcohol or ethanol based cleaner, wiping the inside the tracks and around the wheels to remove dirt build up.
- Moving steel components – Recommended CRC 808 Silicone / CRC Garage Door Lubricant or equivalent.
- Use a small amount of Lithium-based spray on steel hinges, roller carriers and bearings.
- Lubrication is not necessary for carriers or hinges with a plastic insert.
- Operator drive chain – chain lubrication.
- Belt Drive does not require lubrication.
- Springs – If required CRC 808 Silicone / CRC Garage Door Lubricant or equivalent.
- If you have an electric automatic opener which does not get used often, it is recommended that you cycle your door at least once a week to ensure continued operation.
- The opener should only be serviced by an experienced technician.
- If your opener is noisy or the open/close limits have shifted contact your local AceDoors branch/dealer.