- It is recommended to wash the external face of your sectional door once every 90 days and monthly. if living in a sea zone area (within Zone D as described in the NZ Building Code).
- Do not use cleaning agents other than detergent and water as they may cause the colour to fade or the finish to wear faster on your door panels.
- Wash door in fully closed position.
- ONLY CLEAN WORKING COMPNENTS OF YOUR SECTIONAL DOOR IN THE FULLY CLOSED POSITION AND WITH THE POWER SWITCHED OFF TO THE OPENER.
- Tracks and wheels – Do not use oil or grease in the tracks. Using an alcohol or ethanol basedcleaner, wipe inside the tracks and around the wheels to remove dirt build up.
- Moving steel components – Recommended lithium-based spray Wurth HHS Lube if not silicone base.
- Use a small amount on steel hinges, roller carriers and bearings.
- Lubrication is not necessary for carriers or hinges with a plastic insert.
- Operator drive chain – chain lubrication.
- Belt Drive does not require lubrication.
- Springs – If required Lithium-based spray recommended Wurth HHS lubrication.
- If you have an electric automatic opener which does not get used often, it is recommended that you cycle your door at least once a week to ensure continued operation.
- The opener should only be serviced by an experienced technician.
- If your opener is noisy or the open/close limits have shifted contact your local AceDoors branch/dealer.