Kent Automatic Fire Curtains
AceDoors are sole New Zealand approved agents for Kent Smoke and Fire Curtains, a leading manufacturer of fire and smoke curtains based in Dubai.
Kent Automatic Fire Curtains are life safety systems that are designed to arrest the spread of fire in a building. The assembly comprises a fire resistant fiberglass fabric wound over a roller and all encased in a compact head box that is typically installed above the ceiling to be virtually invisible until activated.
When activated by either a general fire alarm or a local detector, the curtain descends from its holding position within the head box to its operational position (floor level) and forms a physical barrier for fire compartmentalisation. Using the Kent Gravity Fail Safe System, our curtains descend without the need for power and are fail to safe systems. These fire curtains have enabled large open building designs where otherwise permanent fire rated partitions would be required.
Kent Automatic Fire Curtains are certified to BS EN 1634 Parts 1 and 3, and have the following additional features:
- E180 and E240 minute fire rated models
- Compact ‘nearly invisible’ headbox with multiple fixing methods
- Flexible and durable fire rated fiberglass fabrics
- Lightweight assembly that greatly lessens structural load
- Slim compact guides
- Bottom bar, side guides and headbox can be powdercoated to blend in to surroundings
- Virtually unlimited width without intermediate support using mutliple rollers
- Kent Guaranteed Gravity Fail Safe (no power needed)
- Intelligent controls
- BS EN 1634-1:2014 (fire resistance)
- BS EN 1634-3:2014 (smoke control test)
- Fabrics tested to BS 476 Pt 6 and Pt 7, EN 13501-1
Fire Resistance (E)
E180 / E240
Radiation Protection (W)
60 minutes < 15kW/m2