Kelley Vehicle Restraint
LOADING DOCK ACCIDENTS CAN HAVE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES for any company — both in physical injuries and financial obligations. Yet, in many cases, they can be prevented with proper safeguards. Common accidents include:
- Forklifts driving off the dock because a vehicle leaves before loading or unloading is completed.
- Vehicles creeping away from the dock as forklifts continually move in and out during loading or unloading, creating a dangerous gap between the vehicle and the dock.
- Collapse of trailer landing gear due to constant rocking motion of forklifts moving in and out during loading.
THE STAR 2 IS AN EXCEPTIONAL VALUE offering manual operation plus Kelley’s exclusive sensor bar and the industry’s most effective communication system:
- Exclusive sensor bar.
- Interior & exterior LED red/green communication lights. Simple, manual, non-impact operation.
- 30,000 lbs. of restraining force.
- Works with nearly all styles of rear impact guards and types of dock levelers.
- Low profile – Stores at 9.5” off grade.
- Requires low maintenance.
- Low cost of ownership.
- Durable Latch Lever is a simple, easy-to-use mechanism that releases the restraining arm when the system is used and holds the arm securely in place when it is in the stored position.
- Rugged Restraining Arm is made of cast ductile iron with a 45,000 PSI yield strength.
- Exclusive Sensor Bar automatically senses the actual contact between the throat of the restraint arm and the vehicle’s rear impact guard and communicates status via red/green LED lights.
- Reliable Industrial Gas Spring is a heavy-duty, ball-stud-mounted device. It raises the restraining arm to hook the rear impact guard, then “floats” to maintain rear impact guard contact as vehicle height changes.
- Solid Mounting Frame is 3/8″ structural steel plate, secured with concrete anchors. An exclusive separate 1/4″ steel shear plate anchors into the dock pit floor.