FireCoil™ Fire Rated Rolling Doors
This full-featured, competitively priced product is designed to exceed industry guidelines with a UL four-hour rating.
Video of regular drop testing of FireCoil™ by AceDoors Service Technician at Harvey Norman Wairau Park in Auckland.
FireCoil doors are provided with fusible links that automatically release to close the door at 74°C. The door’s descent can also be triggered by smoke and heat detectors, a building’s alarm system, or solid-state release devices. FireCoil doors are UL, C-UL and CSFM-labeled.
Every FireCoil door is built for superior performance and includes the features listed here.
- Fusible links. Automatic door closure is inititated by one of three fusible links that melts at 74º Celcius.
- Spring-loaded governor. Incorporates corrosion-resistant components to assure a smooth, controlled descent. Protected by a steel head plate cover.
- Counterbalance system. A torsion-spring-operated system, enclosed in a structural steel barrel, effectively counterbalances the door for a minimum of 10,000 cycles.
- Curtain. All FireCoil door curtains are constructed with heavy-duty steel slats. See below for a complete list of slat styles.
- Bottom bar. Curtain bottoms are reinforced with a minimum of two steel angles for maximum durability. A bottom astragal is included on all motor-operated doors.
- Guides and end locks. Structural steel angle guides provide added support for curtain slats. Zinc-plated, malleable cast-iron end locks prevent lateral movement of the curtain slats.
- Curtain hood. For maximum structural rigidity, curtain hoods feature rolled edges and are formed from 24-gauge, hot-dipped galvanized steel. (FireCoil hoods include a flame baffle that is activated by a fusible link. Standard on Factory Mutual-approved doors. Optional on UL-approved doors).